POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparent Objects : Re: Transparent Objects Server Time
17 May 2024 03:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent Objects
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 May 2007 10:38:07
Message: <465997cf$1@news.povray.org>
"Simon" <povray@*NOSPAM*SOWare.co.uk> schreef in bericht
news:4658ad5a@news.povray.org...
> Hi all,
>
> wonder if someone can point me in the right direction for how to fade an
> object into/out of visibility.
>
> I can do rgbt and modify the t but have some complex (for me) objects so
> not
> sure how to do it for the whole union'd object rather than on a
> per-pigment
> basis. Ideally I just want to change what % of light rays passing through
> the volume of the objects are affected by them
>
> Sorry if that was a tad unclear - Any help greatly appreciated

Hi Simon,
I think that  instead of union {}, you should use merge{}probably because
otherwise, by making the (collection) of objects transparent, you will see
the inner limits of the individual objects constituting the union. Merge is
specific for transparent objects.
Now concerning your question, if each constituent object has its own
pigment, I would make a  #declare T = yourvalue; and use that in every
pigment inside the union/merge block. If the union/merge block has only one
pigment, then it is much easier of course :-)
I hope this answers your question. Post an image in p.b.i. if in doubt.

Thomas