POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation 20 : Re: Liquid animation 20 Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Liquid animation 20
From: somebody
Date: 26 May 2007 12:41:55
Message: <46586353$1@news.povray.org>
"scott" <spa### [at] spamcom> wrote in message news:444f9a0c@news.povray.org...

> >> The "water" looks way too viscous, for the diameter of that pipe I
> >> would expect the flow rate to be much higher.  Just my gut
> >> feeling, it looks more like oil.

> > I think the viscosity is correct. I think your feeling is more
> > linked to the fact that there is no splashes or bubbles in the
> > water.

> My feeling was more to do with the water coming out the end of the pipe,
it
> seems to be flowing too slowly to keep the whole diameter filled (if you
> know what I mean).  For the flow rate that is visible I would expect the
> water to be running along the bottom edge of the pipe, not taking up the
> whole pipe.

Problem with flow rate is probably due to the apparent length of the pipe.
To me, it looks like water is being "generated" at the bottom of the pipe,
instead of at the top, where we would expect the reservoir to be. The
kinetic energy of it leaving the pipe doesn't correlate with the length of
the pipe we are seeing.