POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparent 'mist' : Re: Transparent 'mist' Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent 'mist'
From: Marc
Date: 24 May 2007 11:17:08
Message: <4655ac74$1@news.povray.org>

web.465591f08831d8d748edb2090@news.povray.org...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use povray to display some scientific data. I have the
> concentration of a drug (as its released from a nanoparticle) as a
> function
> of x,y and z coordinates.

Why not an objet the shape and the size that fits to your function display
(a box, a sphere...) with a material of that kind :

material{
   texture
         {
            pigment
            {
               color rgbt 1 // transparent object surface
            }
         }
         interior
         {
            media
            {
               emission rgb 1// any color you want
               density
               {
                  function{max(0,1-(x*x+y*y+z*z))} // your function as a
density pattern here (the example is a spherical pattern)
               }
            }
         }
}