POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Seeking sound advice : Re: Seeking sound advice Server Time
17 May 2024 03:41:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seeking sound advice
From: Bryan Heit
Date: 22 May 2007 13:58:19
Message: <46532f3b$1@news.povray.org>
Dan Byers wrote:
> "Mike the Elder" <zer### [at] wyanorg> wrote:
>> Does

>> should avail myself of?
>>

> Don't know about either program.  My personal preference is Audacity
> (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/).  Multiple platforms, good support, I
> have no complaints...
>
> --
> Dan
> GoofyGraffix.com

I second audacity.  Great program, easy to learn, easy to add-in
plugins.  Handles recording, editing and outputting audio files like a
pro.  I've worked with a few commercial products, and audacity is equal
to those.  "Professional" level software is probably better, but within
the consumer category their isn't really any for-purchase software that
I'd call better.

In terms of the normal stuff we basic users do - background & hum
removal, balancing, normalizing, & pitch adjustment -  audacity does it
all with a click of a button.

Bryan