POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV ray file saving problem : Re: POV ray file saving problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV ray file saving problem
From: Alain
Date: 21 May 2007 21:24:01
Message: <46524631$1@news.povray.org>
Johnny Paintbrushes nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 21 / 05 / 2007 20:09:
> Hi,
>
> Just started using POV ray with rheingold 3d and having a problem with the
> location of the newly created image file- ie once the file has been
> rendered, I just can't find it. The stated string doesn't tally-  2 folders
> into the string it lists a folder and subsequent folders that don't appear
> to exist. Doing a search in Windows for recently created files or bmp file
> types doesn't get a result either. Anyone know how do you specify where you
> want the file to end up?
>
> J.

By default, the rendered images are always saved in the same folder as the
source file. It will also have the same name as the scene file.
So, you should look into:
\POV-Ray...\scenes\
Unless your source is situated in some other location, you should then look in
that location.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you think 80s movies have the