POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovWip : Re: PovWip Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovWip
From: Christian Walther
Date: 13 May 2007 13:58:12
Message: <464751b4@news.povray.org>
William Tracy wrote:
> I've never actually set up a CVS/SVN server, so I don't know how hard it
> is. My suspicion is that it's going to be overly complicated for this,
> especially for Windows users.

You don't need a server for Subversion, it can access a repository
directly in the file system.

"Especially for Windows users", there is TortoiseSVN
<http://tortoisesvn.net/> (IMHO the best GUI Subversion client I've seen
on any platform - too bad there is nothing that comes close on Mac OS
X). I believe it also does repository creation and maintenance (what
you'd use "svnadmin" rather than "svn" on the command line), though I've
never used that.

I've never used SVN for a POV project, but then I haven't done much
POVing at all lately - if I were to start a big project now, I'd
certainly use it.

  -Christian