POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cross Screen Filter : Cross Screen Filter Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Cross Screen Filter
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 10 May 2007 19:44:05
Message: <4643ae45$1@news.povray.org>
Hola,

I'm working on an idea and I'm not getting the results I expected, so before
I flog this any further, I thought I'd post and see if it's even possible.
For those who don't know what a cross screen filter is ..... check out this
Wikipedia entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter_(photography)#Cross_screen

So my question is is this even possible in POV? I've constructed my filter
(I'm using the fine wire grating method) and it dosen't work as expected. I
think I'm missing the "diffraction" element of my filter. Since this is a
pretty sharp group I imagine someone might have a few pointers to get me
going in the right direction .... or tell me that it can't be done.

Cheers Jim