POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HeightField Glass : Re: HeightField Glass Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HeightField Glass
From: Alain
Date: 8 May 2007 18:03:23
Message: <4640f3ab$1@news.povray.org>
flame-mike nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 8 / 05 / 2007 15:52:
> I want create an image like this
> http://www.geocities.com/gplflame/demo1.html.
> I found it in fractal mailing list. Please tell, how I can create this from
> height field. I only need height-fields, because I will make this image
> from existing fractals images

If you want to make something similat to that from height_filed, then you need
several as there are many overlaping parts. Each height_field will have to be
differenced from a copy of itseld with a negative scaling. Then, you need a
transparent texture and add an interior with fade_color and fade_distance, and
possibly fade_power. Each height_filed will then need to be rotated in acordance
to the orientation of the various elements. Lastly, bind everything in a merge.

--
Alain
For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and