POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Difference fom height field. : Re: Difference fom height field. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:36:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Difference fom height field.
From: Verm
Date: 29 Apr 2007 09:02:58
Message: <46349782$1@news.povray.org>
Kenneth wrote:
> Verm <pov### [at] thirteeendynucom> wrote:
>
>> Also is there a way to invert the height field (I ended up inverting the
>> image in an image editor).
>
> Yep, it's very easy: When you scale your height_field, make the
> y-component negative.  For example, scale <10,-2,10>
>
> Ken W.

I'd tried that but as soon as you do CSG that doesn't achieve the same
thing as inverting the image.

You end up with the flat side of the height field facing you instead of
the bumpy side :-)
(for an example change
scale <fw*2,fh,0.2>
scale <fw*2,fh,-0.2>
in the height_field in Tim's first code suggestion)

If I use clipped by instead of difference then it works fine though.