POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : make check error : Re: make check error Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: make check error
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 27 Apr 2007 21:36:37
Message: <4632a525$1@news.povray.org>
cdbaric wrote:
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>
>>cdbaric <CD Baric> wrote:
>>
>>>It is hard to believe people are creating these beautiful pictures only
>>>using a command line interface.
>>
>>  Why is it hard to believe?
>>
>>--
>>                                                          - Warp
>

> Simple - when I draw an object, I have a visualization of what the finished
> object should look like. I look at what I have drawn and compare it with
> that visualization.
>
> I love and use the command line interface for many tasks, including ripping
> DVDs and CDs BUT creating a visual experience without instant visual
> feedback seems to me to be unintuitive - how can it be otherwise.
>
> Bar

Hmmm...  It sounds to me like you're talking about a modeler and not
POV-Ray.  POV-Ray itself does not provide "instant visual feedback",
with or without a GUI.

Personally, I'm comfortable with the CLI in Linux, but I also run the
Windows GUI version, so I'm familiar with both.  (But expert with
neither.)     ;-)

      -=- Larry -=-