POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : input and output picture - please help me ! : Re: input and output picture - please help me ! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: input and output picture - please help me !
From: Alain
Date: 25 Apr 2007 19:03:37
Message: <462fde49$1@news.povray.org>
Peter nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 25-04-2007 11:26:
> hello,

> please help me !
> how can I change the directory and path for my in- and output pictures?
> It dont work if I try to change the INI file. After a new start I get
> the old directory.

> Is it possible to write a string in the POV file ?

> Best regards
> Peter

For the output location:
Edit "povray.ini" situated in the \renderer folder to include:
Output_File_Name="your_location"
This is to tel where to save.
And edit "pvengine.ini" in the \ini folder to include in the [Permitted Output
Paths] section:
3=your_location, you can use %INSTALLDIR%\ to point to the instalation location
on your system or use a complete path.
The number must be consecutive to those already present, change if there is more
or less than 2 previous entries.
This to provide autorisation to write there.

For the input location:
Edit "povray.ini" to include:
Library_Path="your_location"
Tells where to look for.
And edit "pvengine.ini" to include in the [Permitted Input Paths] section:
<number>="your_location"
To give read permision.

--
Alain
Politicians are like socks - they smell bad and should be changed often.