POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Ubuntu?? : Re: Ubuntu?? Server Time
13 Jun 2024 05:41:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ubuntu??
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 21 Apr 2007 07:22:12
Message: <4629f3e4@news.povray.org>
"Larry Hudson" <org### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> I have played around with both Ubuntu and Kubuntu but haven't really
> "used" them.  They are both very good but I tend to stick with
> RedHat/Fedora simply from habit/familiarity.  But overall, I have only
> heard very positive comments about Ubuntu/Kubuntu.  Especially for people
> coming directly from the Windows world.

thanks for taking the time to reply ..... redhat/fedora also get's pretty
good scores from what i've read but i'm on a shoe string budget so I imagine
i'll settle for ubuntu and save my sheckles for hardware. i'm a hp-ux guy
(back in the day) so the leap to linux shouldn't be to big of a deal. i
orginally went to MS because my small business needed db tools that i felt
were better (at the time) well that doesn't seem to be the case anymore as
linux has matured. at any rate i'm looking forward to building myself a hot
povray render machine .... again thanks for the feedback.

Jim