POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Free Vector Editor exports to POV : Re: Free Vector Editor exports to POV Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free Vector Editor exports to POV
From: Chris B
Date: 20 Apr 2007 14:02:08
Message: <46290020$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> schreef in bericht
> news:pan### [at] nospamcom...
>>
>> SVG is an XML file format - it should just open (and indeed it does, as
>> I've opened it in Inkscape myself).
>>
>> The giveaway for XML files is the first line:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
>>
>> And for this particular one, the second line has a comment indicating it
>> was created with Inkscape...
>>
>> Jim
>

> Hm, yes, that is what I thought...
> Another stupid question then :-)
> How do I save this particular file to my system? I tried copying to a file
> and save as .svg, but Inkscape won't accept that.
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

If you can right click the link in Bill's note you should be able to 'save
target as'. Then from Inkscape's 'File', 'Open' dialog you can select 'All
Files' and double click the file. Or at least that works from Outlook
Express and the Windows version of Inkscape.
You should be able to save with an extension of either .svg or .xml and it
should open ok.

Regard,
Chris B.