POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Free Vector Editor exports to POV : Re: Free Vector Editor exports to POV Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free Vector Editor exports to POV
From: Chris B
Date: 19 Apr 2007 19:40:11
Message: <4627fddb$1@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
>I was pretty excited today when I downloaded Inkscape, an open source
>vector
> editor, and found that it exported directly to POV as splines or prisms.
> If
> you still do your splines by hand like I had been, I definitely recomend
> checking it out (not a bad vector editor either, for being free).
>
> -- Kirk

Hi,

I've been interested with the idea of using Inkscape splines with POV-Ray
too.
Last year I did a little utility to take a set of floor plans defined in
Inkscape and generate a building in POV-Ray.
You can see the results and a writeup at
http://www.geocities.com/povstairs/povhouse/

Regards,
Chris B.