POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Vista and POV-Ray : Re: Vista and POV-Ray Server Time
2 Jun 2024 01:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista and POV-Ray
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 19 Apr 2007 16:43:19
Message: <4627d467$1@news.povray.org>
Carl wrote:
> Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
>> You bought Windows Vista before Service Pack 1 has been released. -- Sorry,
>> no warranty for beta operating systems ;-)
>>
>>  Thorsten
>
> Ok... I see the ;-) so I assume there isn't a Service Pack 1 for Vista yet?
> I just got this PC and it came with Vista installed.  My previous PC was
> still running Windows ME so I'm certainly no operating system guru.  Is the
> official responce then that POV-Ray can't be used to make animations with
> Vista?

No, certainly not. An official response does not exist!

However, Dell just announced they will ship systems with XP again as an
option. I leave it to you to guess why they would make that move ...

As for a service pack, there is the saying to never deploy a new M$
operating system before the first service pack is out - usually happens
within a year from release of so. Rumor has it M$ plans a service pack later
this year.

In the meantime, I am sure there must lots of tutorials on the net already
with ways to get Vista to stop annoying its users with broken pseudo
security measures. In short, I am sure there is a way to turn Vistas alerts off.

Believe me, you won't be less secure either way. Virus authors already have
found ways around the new "security" as reports indicate :-(  So all the
"security" does is keep you from using your computer.

Good luck!

	Thorsten