POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : refraction with multiple transparent objects behind eachother : Re: refraction with multiple transparent objects behind eachother Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: refraction with multiple transparent objects behind eachother
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 19 Apr 2007 00:01:58
Message: <4626e9b6$1@news.povray.org>
>  "Just to be safe"? Why?
I guess I wasn't being entirely clear...
>  I think it's better to understand what "inside_vector" does instead of
> just spreading it around "just to be safe".
The type of effect he's going for probably will end up requiring CSG,
and then he'll need inside_vector.  Inside_vector lets POV know where
the inside of a mesh is.

If you have two surfaces, a front and a rear, and you wish for refraction
to happen on them, one solution is for both of those surfaces to be
part of the same closed object assembled with CSG.