POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : refraction with multiple transparent objects behind eachother : Re: refraction with multiple transparent objects behind eachother Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: refraction with multiple transparent objects behind eachother
From: Alain
Date: 18 Apr 2007 17:57:21
Message: <46269441$1@news.povray.org>
Shai nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 18-04-2007 01:43:
>> Are your meshes forming closed shapes? If a mesh forms a shaped surface without
>> any back, any ray entering it get refracted and is considered traveling inside
>> something with an ior of 1.2. Now, it encounter the second mesh, also having an
>> ior of 1.2. So, the ior before and after the surface is the same resulting in no
>> further refraction.

> The meshes are not closed. Basically I started with a .OBJ file of the
> Stanford Bunny. I then wrote a program that would remove the back of the
> bunny, leaving me with only its front.
It would be beter to use the whole original .OBJ converted into a mesh.
You wrote a programm to remove the back, what a waste of your time :-(
Maybe you can alter it to replace the back with a flat face rather than just
removing part of the object.

> How could I fix this? Is there any command that allows me to work around
> this?

Only "fix" that I can think of is not removing the back, or replacing with some
flat face. That can't be done by POV-Ray, as your choped object is missing some
parts.

--
Alain
'I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.'