POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Vista and POV-Ray : Re: Vista and POV-Ray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:30:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista and POV-Ray
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 18 Apr 2007 17:32:27
Message: <46268e6b$1@news.povray.org>
Carl wrote:

> on Edit resolution INI file, and up comes Notepad.  I make a few changes as
> normal and try to save the changes and all I get is a cannot create the
> file error message.

Have you tried logging in with administrator privileges to see if that
would prevent this problem? AFAIK (without having Vista), writing into
%ProgramFiles% and the likes is no longer allowed for normal users,
although some form of file system virtualization should kick in.
Maybe this even relates to your render problem, as POV-Ray does
seem to want to touch some files under ini and renderer/rerun.