POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : texture_map & hight_fields : Re: texture_map & hight_fields Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture_map & hight_fields
From: Bryan Heit
Date: 17 Apr 2007 13:27:50
Message: <46250396$1@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Bryan Heit wrote:
>
>> Sorry, im_map_1 refers to a text-string variable which already
>> contains the quotations.  This is a macro, so pretty much all input
>> textures and files are defined outside of the macro (for flexibility)
>
> May be the problem is related to your macro. I tried applying
> a texture_map to a sphere and using image_maps for pigments
> without encountering any problem.

Did you define an image_map for each pigment statement within each block
in the texture_map (this isn't clear in your response)?  That works fine
for me.  What is not working is defining the pigment once (i.e. placing
the image_map over the entirety of the height_map), and then defining
the finish{} and normal{} statements within the texture_map.

Bryan