POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : light everywhere - not wanted : Re: light everywhere - not wanted Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: light everywhere - not wanted
From: Alain
Date: 16 Apr 2007 06:03:21
Message: <462349e9$1@news.povray.org>
Chrisir nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 16-04-2007 04:12:
> Hello!

> I have a problem with my little scene.
> Although i don't have a light, everything is bright.
> Moreover, my spheres don't look round but just flat,
> since they don't have shadows.
> How can I configure POv-Ray so that it is dark?
> Or is it the pigment { color <255, 0, 0>}
> in my sphere-expression?
> Then I like to place a light in the scene.

> Thank you very much!

> Greetings,
> Chris

Colors values goes from 0 to 1 for 100%. Divide all your colors by 255. Also, as
you are usein default finish, the default ambient value of 0.1 means that your
spheres actualy glow with value rgb <255,0,0>*0.1 = rgb<25.5,0,0>

In an optionaly radiosity scene, you should add:
#if(Radiosity) #default{finish{ambient 0}} #end
after the global_settings section.

--
Alain
At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the