POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hdr : Re: hdr Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:36:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hdr
From: Tek
Date: 12 Apr 2007 11:48:02
Message: <461e54b2$1@news.povray.org>
> 1) I started out with a full geodesic distribution and sampling.  Geodesic
> distribution has a slight downfall in that the spacing at the mid
> latitudes
> (+- 45 deg)  is greater than at the poles and equator.

That's not really what I understand by the term "geodesic", I was thinking
of using a geodisic distribution based on subdividing the triangles of an
icosahedron like this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:G%C3%A9ode_V_3_1.gif One light on each
vertex would be a near perfect distribution.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com