POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Running Pov-Ray using restricted user account : Re: Running Pov-Ray using restricted user account Server Time
28 Apr 2024 20:09:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running Pov-Ray using restricted user account
From: Chris Cason
Date: 10 Apr 2007 06:33:44
Message: <461b6808@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback wrote:
> I tried to run pov from a restricted account on my xp system and it stopped
> me as well .... I tried ALL the ideas I floated in my last responce and they
> all worked for me so I'm at a loss to offer anything else .... perhaps you
> have a corrupt installation or a problem with your system.

Can you run it using something like filemon (www.sysinternals.com; they have
been borg'd by Microsoft but the utility ought to still be out there) and
find out what exactly it is failing on?

Note that by default it does write to pvengine.ini, however a failure to do
so should not cause the program to fail to operate. If it does then I will of
course fix it.

-- Chris