POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : output in 2d+Z : Re: output in 2d+Z Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: output in 2d+Z
From: Alain
Date: 9 Apr 2007 15:42:53
Message: <461a973d$1@news.povray.org>
Oren nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 09-04-2007 14:25:
> Thanks for the prompt reply. I will try your suggestions, but I still need
> povray anymation features [i am creating a short clip], so i will need to
> find other creative ways to make this work. I am also worried about
> maintaining the depth field between frames in an animation.
In that case, you still place everything in a big union. Make 2 copies of your
source with altered names. One for the colour part, one for the z information.
Make your animation twice, using exactly the same parameters.
OR
Using switching variable:
Do the first part, say colour, MOVE to another folder or RENAME the resulting
images.
Change the switch and repeat the animation.
The goal is to get 2 sets of images, one set full color, the other for depth
information.

> Also, is there an easy way to concatenate the 2d color image and the 2d z
> depth map into a single image?
You need some external toot for that.

--
Alain
  My wife only has sex with me for a purpose. Last night she used me To time an egg.