POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : UI request : Re: UI request Server Time
17 May 2024 04:03:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UI request
From: Chris Cason
Date: 31 Mar 2007 14:02:11
Message: <460eb033$1@news.povray.org>
zeroin23 wrote:
> (1)
> Ctrl-W to close window

This is a default setting as of (I think) 3.61a. If for some reason it's not
set for you, choose the keyboard tab of the editor properties dialog; you can
set it there.

> (2)
> Editor>>preference>>misc>>Line Numbering
> shows line numbering only for one window, anyway to show it for ALL window?

Not at this point. I might add it though.

> (3)
> What is the cyan bar on the left for? I assumed that to be the line number
> display area, but it is not. aka Left Margin

Bookmarks indicators. Potentially other things at some point.

> (4)
> Notepad++, Opera, have zoom function.
> where you hold down Ctrl and use scroller on mouse to change the font
> display.

This is not a common feature in code editors. Not to say it won't get done,
but it's not high on my list right now.

> (5)
> recent file list should be together with nEW and oPEN Menu.

Not sure what you mean by this. If you mean it should be near the top, I
don't think this would be a good idea.

> (6)
> a Window Menu would be more useful instead of putting the list of opened
> windows under fILE

Actually the File menu doesn't have a list of opened windows at all (except
by co-incidence, in that the recent file list at the bottom of that menu will
include some of the open windows).

I agree it would be nice to have a window menu.

-- Chris