POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : empty blob : Re: empty blob Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: empty blob
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 29 Mar 2007 15:13:46
Message: <460c1dfa@news.povray.org>
Leander wrote:

> Ah, I think I found it, need to specify pigment etc. for the
> second object too, right?

Depends on what you want to achieve. As you guessed by now, the
intersection is not "hollow" but simply black (default pigment).
Using intersection or difference with textured objects is sometimes
a bit tricky (and doesn't always work). Also see cutaway_textures.
If the object is homogenous, specify the texture at top level:

intersection
{
   blob {...}
   box  {...}