POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Image map covers my rainbow : Re: Image map covers my rainbow Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image map covers my rainbow
From: Alain
Date: 27 Mar 2007 18:17:09
Message: <4609a5f5@news.povray.org>
Mark Birch nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 26-03-2007 20:28:
> I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve with the media & photons. Unless
> they are specifically adding something to the scene I would remove them
> since it won't work as a bugfix.

> I tried your scene file, and two things that worked were:

> 1.  Add the 'hollow' keyword just before the pigment definition.  Because
> the box has zero thickness, povray may be hitting the back wall before it
> hits the front wall, and then things get confusing.  Or mabye it thinks
> it's still inside the box when it isn't.

> OR

> 2.  Give the box a very small thickness, say 0.001.

> Either approach seemed to work, I can't be sure of the total effect because
> I don't have your PNG file.

> I think the problem stems from using a zero thickness solid object, instead
> of a one-sided object.  You could try using a union of two triangles, or a
> polygon object, or a disc, in place of the box.

You still need to add hollow, especialy with the disc. The disc object is
similar to a plane where only a small portion is visible, the part oposite to
it's normal is considered as "inside" of it, even outside of the visible part.

--
Alain
"We returned the General to El Salvador, or maybe Guatemala, it's difficult to