POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Image coord of a projected disc center : Re: Image coord of a projected disc center Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:03:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image coord of a projected disc center
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 27 Mar 2007 14:24:29
Message: <46096f6d$1@news.povray.org>
Matheus wrote:

> Christian, that's exatly what I'm doing: rendering a calibration object. The
> solution you gave me solved my problem. Well, in fact now I just need to
> write a program to perform it automatically, because there are 864 white
> discs on my calibration object that I need to know the right center
> location in image coordinates. Maybe I'll try to edit the Pov-ray codes to
> export me the discs center after each rendering... it could be exported in
> a .txt file. Do you think it would be hard to do? I mean, edit and compile
> the Pov-ray codes?

As Chambers said, do it in SDL (#fopen, #write). Although, on second
thought, I'm not really sure why you need the image coordinates. After
all, the camera calibration should allow you to reconstruct the 3D
positions, so you can just compare those with the object specs ;)

Also, I'm not really sure how the camera model works in POV-Ray.
Probably a mathematically perfect pinhole, so it wouldn't show real
world effects like radial distortions. You might be able to simulate
some of that by modelling a transparent "lens" object (ior > 1).