POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can I watch variables after parsing for scene debug purposes? : Re: Can I watch variables after parsing for scene debug purposes? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I watch variables after parsing for scene debug purposes?
From: Alain
Date: 21 Mar 2007 19:40:31
Message: <4601d07f@news.povray.org>
Erhard Ducke nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 21-03-2007 18:46:
> FrogRay wrote:

>> How about having your scene write the info you want to a text-file.  The
>> file
>> should be there as soon as the scene has finished parsing and you can read
>> it while the render takes place

> Yes, that would be great. As FrogRay wrote I have to convert the
> identifier to a string and then write it to the log using #debug. Is
> that right?

> regards Hardy
It can be done that way, or you can create your own file.
Use #open #write and #close to open/create the file, write values and close the
file when you are finished filling it.

--
Alain
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.