POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lost color : Re: Lost color Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lost color
From: Chambers
Date: 20 Mar 2007 14:04:39
Message: <46003047$1@news.povray.org>
Greg Williams wrote:
> Here's what I figured out with all the help above: Select all the "objects"
> in the file. Do a Replace All 1.000000 with 0 within the selection. The
> only catch is to make sure none of the RGB coordinates in the modeling
> program I use are set to 255. These become 1.000000 in POV Ray and get
> reset to 0, too.

That's why I recommended doing a search & replace including the closing
 >, so that you'll only get the trailing value (the transmit value).

As in, replace 1.000000>. with 0.000000>

(Note: if you use partially transparent objects anywhere, then you'll
need to use macros to invert the transmit value instead of replacing it
with 0, as 0 means no transparency).

Would you mind posting a sample image in p.b.i so we could all get a
look at what you're working on?

...Chambers