POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : In search of a good editor : In search of a good editor Server Time
1 Jun 2024 04:37:37 EDT (-0400)
  In search of a good editor
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 19 Mar 2007 18:23:16
Message: <45ff1b64$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

What is your favorite editor for povray in Linux? Which one would you
recommend? Coming from Windows, I was spoiled with the built-in Pov
editor and I am searching for something similar.

I use Ubuntu.

I already tried with Gedit (not enough), Scite (the best so far),
PovClipse (much too much resource hungry) and wxPyvon (unfinished and no
longer active?), but none have all the nice features of the window version.

I'd like to have:
* Easy pov options editing
* Code completion
* Insert menu
* Contextual pov help
* Hide and show image, with partial rendering
* Auto indent
* Open include files

Would no such editor exist in the Linux world? I am not very happy at
the thought that I'll have to run WinPov in Wine =_=' I might even have
to reboot Windows >_<

Povingly,

Philippe