POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Recursion in POV : Re: Recursion in POV Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recursion in POV
From: Chambers
Date: 16 Mar 2007 02:49:17
Message: <45fa4bfd@news.povray.org>
Anthony D. Baye wrote:
>     It actually works, but with any values higher than 96, the parse fails,
> and gives the message: "Too many nested symbol tables"  whatever that
> means. (I'm not familiar with the source code.)
>
>     I was wondering, however, is this an inherent limitation, or an imposed
> limitation?  And might it be possible to adapt the parser to allow advanced
> recursion?

It should be a simple matter of changing a few variables or array sizes
in the source code, but I'm one to use POV rather than change it, so I
couldn't tell you where.  You could ask in the programming group about
that :)

SDL is easily powerful enough to handle recursion, and many people here
regularly use recursive macros for scene generation.

...Chambers