POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scene optimization : Re: Scene optimization Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scene optimization
From: Chambers
Date: 13 Mar 2007 21:23:08
Message: <45f75c8c@news.povray.org>
Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> Can anybody provide me with some tips and hints on optimizing textures,
> lighting schemes, and other scene settings for faster render times
> without compromizing image quality?

Probably not without more information.

Do you use any functions (for instance, in isosurfaces)?  Those can
often be optimized to provide similar results at much better speeds.

Check the statistics at the end of your render.  If you see that
something has an extremely low hit rate (say, <5%) you could probably
provide better bounding for it.

...Chambers