POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scene optimization : Scene optimization Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:13:20 EDT (-0400)
  Scene optimization
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 13 Mar 2007 20:29:38
Message: <45f75002$1@news.povray.org>
I'm currently working on several large scenes, at least one of which
rewuires radiosity.  I'd like to remove all the light sources from the
scene, and light it purely with radiosity, but it contains candle
objects which use a filtering media that only looks right with light
sources.

The end result is a scene with five seperate light sources that may look
nice when rendered, but has a maximum render speed of 1:06:00 per line.

Can anybody provide me with some tips and hints on optimizing textures,
lighting schemes, and other scene settings for faster render times
without compromizing image quality?

ADB