POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Pseudo IRTC - TINA CHeP Entries : Re: Pseudo IRTC - TINA CHeP Entries Server Time
2 May 2024 12:35:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pseudo IRTC - TINA CHeP Entries
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 10 Mar 2007 09:37:56
Message: <45f2c2c4$1@news.povray.org>
I finally have some time to write a few words. I feel kind of like an
outsider, since I never wrote in during the whole discussion about what to
do about IRTC, but I was reading with interest the whole time. It's been
over a year since I last entered, and I wasn't interested this time until
this new idea was sprouted (TINA CHeP). It allowed me to make something
simple ( I don't like making complicated scenes, and it seems that the ones
that win are usually the most complicated). My 2mice entry was just sort of
a long-term stream of conciousness exercise, and was not intended to have
anything even slightly serious to say. I appreciate all of your comments
about it.
This topic left so much room for interpretation, the variety in the 11
entries is quite amazing. I don't have enough time to write about all of
them at length, like some of you have.
I really like Andrey's for the way he did the rough-looking painted squares.
I had to read the txt to find out how it was done. So simple, but so
effective.
I was immediately struck by Mike C's image there next to mine, using the
same pun of the plane. It made me laugh.
Bill's Knot is impressive technically, and I love the pun it the title.
Steve's Tina...wow! how do I join the POV Club? The floor and the lighting
are really cool. Side note: I'm so old, the last time I was in such an
establishment, pole dancing hadn't been invented yet.
Malcolm, Thomas, Verm, Jim, Bruno, I liked all of your entries, too. I just
don't have the time to comment on all of them individually.
Steve Shelby
http://www.shelbyvision.com
Vegetarians
kill plants, but cannibals are