POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Auto focus.. : Re: Auto focus.. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Auto focus..
From: Alain
Date: 9 Mar 2007 20:05:52
Message: <45f20470$1@news.povray.org>
Raf256 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 09-03-2007 05:40:
> Alain <45f0a97a$1@news.povray.org> Friday 09 of March 2007 01:25

>> Set focal_point to the location of that object. Easy if the object is
>> created around the origin then translated, set the translation vector in a
>> #declare and use that same value for the focal_point.

> Not exacly.

> I ment - with using Trace to find out the *point on surface* of the object
> witch is vissible in middle of camera view

In that case, trace from the camera location along the direction vector to your
point of interest. Use the returned value as the focal_point of your camera.
Call the trace with normal vector and test it to make sure you don't miss your
object.

--
Alain

Did you know that Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.