POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Pseudo IRTC - TINA CHeP Entries : Re: Pseudo IRTC - TINA CHeP Entries Server Time
2 May 2024 10:56:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pseudo IRTC - TINA CHeP Entries
From: Verm
Date: 9 Mar 2007 11:19:29
Message: <45f18911$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>   Good morning IRTCers!
>
>    Here you can view the entries for the Pseudo IRTC Stills topic - TINA
> CHeP (This Is Not A CHeckered Plane):
>
>      http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/3dextra/
Many thanks for hosting and organising this.

Finally got a chance to try to comment.
I was particularly struck by the wide variety of styles of the images.

I think my favourite images were Steve Shelby's mice - you just can't go
wrong with cute cartoon animals and bad puns, and Bill Pragnell's knot,
but I liked all of the others too.
--
Malcolm's "Evolution of TINA CheP" : I liked the concept and the
simple(ish) setting works nicely. I'd almost have been tempted to give

I ran out of time with both the image and the description as I was away
for then end of Feb and beginning of March.

The scene was composed and designed from a player's point of view
sitting behind the board locked in an underground vault with someone
coming in from a tunnel to the left but the composition didn't work.

I asked a colleague's opinion and his response was "well if I was
photographing that scene...." so I moved the camera half a dozen times
until we ended up with the scene shown. He's an amateur photographer and
said he enjoyed the process of "taking pictures without a camera" :-)

I'm glad you liked the concept and amused it worked out nicely from the
last minute change of viewpoint.

The textures still need work: I think the board needs blurred
reflections and although I'm pleased I got my procedural brick patterns
to work they're currently far too clean looking for an old brick vault.

The knight's hiding behind the king. (I made a nice knight but he's a
totally different style to the other pieces.)

As I said the end result wasn't stunning but I had fun learnt and
finished my first purely imaginary scene, so thanks again for running
the round.
--
Steve's "Tina entertains..." : Tsk Tsk, you're definately showing her in
a bad light :- ).
--
Mike's "Here's looking at hues, kid" : Nice scene, very nice modelling
and very on topic.