POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Possible Parse Error: Could not find file 'CIE.inc' : Re: Possible Parse Error: Could not find file 'CIE.inc' Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:30:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible Parse Error: Could not find file 'CIE.inc'
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 9 Mar 2007 04:46:54
Message: <45f12d0e$1@news.povray.org>
Yeah, like Thorsten said, if you just installed POV
check the master povray.ini file.
(select Tools | Edit master POVRAY.INI)
That should open it in notepad.
It should contain a line something like
Library_Path="E:\graphics\POV-Ray for Windows v3.6\INCLUDE"

It's ok to add other paths here as well like...
Library_Path="C:\WINDOWS\Fonts"
Library_Path="E:\graphics\maps"

This is also where you can set the output render directory...
Output_File_Name=e:\graphics\render\

And relocate your scene file directory...
Input_File_Name=e:\graphics\scenes\

And set the image output type...
; use T for un-compressed TGA
; use S for system BMP
; use N for PNG
Output_File_Type=S

Save it all, it should be mostly a one time set up unless you are
doing something you want different.

Additionally it's sometimes required to allow POV script
to access and write files in your scene directory...
(select Options | Script I/O Restrictions | No Restrictions )
(check Options | Script I/O Restrictions | Permit Read/Write
in Current Directory)