POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media in glass : Re: Media in glass Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media in glass
From: dave vanhorn
Date: 8 Mar 2007 16:39:29
Message: <45f08291@news.povray.org>
>> Given that the eye does that already, wouldn't applying this make it
>> worse?
>> I see what you're saying, but now I'm confused.
>
> Perhaps I explained incorrectly.  POV doesn't scale the blue down, (except
> when converting to grayscale), but this was merely to demonstrate the real
> perception of blue relative to the other colours.

OK! I think I see it.. So instead of using 0,1,1 for cyan, I should use 0,
0.5, 0.5
I know about the eye sensitivity curve, that's not an issue here.
I just thought maybe I was hosing something up that wasn't obvious.
Like how media dosen't work unless the object is hollow.

THANKS!,  I'm rolling now.