POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : So, what are we gonna do? : Re: So, what are we gonna do? Server Time
6 May 2024 18:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So, what are we gonna do?
From: Verm
Date: 8 Mar 2007 13:14:34
Message: <45f0528a$1@news.povray.org>
For a name I'd go for N-IRTC which would either mean New IRTC or
"Not the IRTC".
--

I'd like to keep the same spirit as the IRTC - anyone (especialy
beginners) can enter with any software (especially free/home grown).

I'd like to use a similar judging system to the old IRTC and to have
comments attatched to the images. The TinaChep round did have the plus
point that people could reply to their comments (I will soon) but the
comments were not attached to or grouped by image, which makes reading a
little harder.
--

I would like it if we could change the file size limit so that we can
submit reasonable images at least 1024x768 (possibly larger).

I'd also personally like the post processing rules changed / clarified,
as some irtc judges seemed to frown on any post processing while in my
view scripted/scriptable post processing should be fine.

For example global Colour / brightness adjustment should be allowed.
If people create HDRI images then to convert them to a normal JPEG they
need to mess with the brightness etc and should be allowed to let the
highlights flare/bleed if they want.

In my book painting or retouching is bad, global filters are fine. (most
global filters *could* be done in POV but photoshop/gimp are far simpler
and save re-rendering)