POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : camera : Re: camera Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: camera
From: Alain
Date: 6 Mar 2007 18:49:16
Message: <45edfdfc$1@news.povray.org>
Kevinaz nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 06-03-2007 18:16:

> However, what is "handedness"?

> Kevinaz

> P.S. I got in touch with the author of ani2pov, and he's working on fixing
> this.

It's the way the coordinates and rotations are interpreted.
POV-Ray use left handedness. With that handedness, when you point your left
thumg toward the positive direction of an axis and curl your fingers, they go
the direction of a positive rotation.
+X is to the right.
+Y is up.
+Z is away.
Positive rotation is anti-clockwise. Just as in my geometry classes.

Many CAD programms have +Y been away and +Z up and use right handedness where
positive rotation is clockwise.

--
Alain
I abhor war and view it as the greatest scourge of mankind.