POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV RAY Update : Re: POV RAY Update Server Time
1 Jun 2024 22:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV RAY Update
From: Warp
Date: 4 Mar 2007 14:08:44
Message: <45eb193b@news.povray.org>
> This also explains your various misconceptions
> in your earlier posts.

  It's curious how many misconceptions some people, who don't really know
too much about programming per se, have about the magical term "Object
Oriented Programming".

  At one point, I think it was in the early/mid 90's, Object Orientedness
was the craze and hype. It entered the marketing speech, and as we know,
those people will use whatever term will sell regardless of whether it's
really a proper use of the term or not.
  Someone (it seems to be someone named Roger King according to google)
made a sarcastic remark: "My cat is object-oriented." (Meaning that if
he had to sell his cat, he would advertise it as object-oriented because
that was all the hype back then, instead of advertising it like usually.)

  I suppose that misconceptions about object-orientedness still live on.

--
                                                          - Warp