POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Paper Texture : Paper Texture Server Time
23 Apr 2024 06:47:13 EDT (-0400)
  Paper Texture
From: Bryan Heit
Date: 27 Feb 2007 10:26:36
Message: <45e44dac$1@news.povray.org>
I've been trying to develop a texture which resembles old
paper/parchment.  I've not yet got the effect I want - I can get a
texture that looks fine from a distance, but cannot get something which
has that fibrous look close-up.  I'm also having trouble matching the
tan/brown colour of old paper (maybe I need a color_map?).  The only
other "catch" is that I need something which'll render relatively fast,
as I'm going to be using this in a fairly long animation - i.e. I'm
trying to avoid functions and isosurfaces.

Here's what I've got so far - the pigment is white; just to highlight
the texture.  As you can see, I've got a long ways to go:

#declare T_Paper = texture {
   pigment { color rgb <1,1,1> }
   normal { wrinkles 1 scale 0.01 }
   finish { diffuse .7 roughness .0085 ambient 0.2 }
   }//end paper texture

Any ideas?

Bryan