POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray for geeks only? : Re: POV-Ray for geeks only? Server Time
2 Jun 2024 07:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for geeks only?
From: Shay
Date: 26 Feb 2007 15:56:42
Message: <45e3498a$1@news.povray.org>
Ross wrote:

> seriously, if you use "polyhedral symmetry" in a sentence, you just might be
> a geek :)

If that makes me a geek then every guy with a hammer in his garage is a
carpenter.

This is a matter of degrees I suppose. I will say that 99% of the tech
conversations in P.O-T are beyond my level of knowledge. I didn't go to
college. I don't understand the notations used at mathworld.wolfram.com.

The time we spend at work is HUGE. How many men define themselves by the
church or bar in which they spend as little as an hour a week? I have
been a salesman or a laborer at least 40 hours a week my entire working
life.

Geeks as a group are much more intelligent than laborers, but there are
a few of we dirty f***ers out there who would surprise you.

 -Shay