POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stained Glass Crackle Texture : Re: Stained Glass Crackle Texture Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:33:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stained Glass Crackle Texture
From: Sherry Shaw
Date: 25 Feb 2007 09:56:39
Message: <45e1a3a7@news.povray.org>
waggy wrote:

>With that said, I still think this would work well for a broken-bottle
>mosaic, and with some truly funky crackle use, a nice sliced fruitcake.
>
>-Waggy

Aaaaah, fruitcake.....

May I ask a silly question?  You noted in the wiki, "I like to use
irrational* numbers for transformations such as this one to scale down
the crackle texture."  Is there a particular reason for this?  Just
curious (and hoping to learn something).

BTW, them's purty pitchers.

--Sherry Shaw

* I like irrational numbers.  I like to imagine them running around
shouting "Wombat!" and tossing handfuls of chocolate pudding into the air.

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+