POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pigment along a sphere_sweep : Re: Pigment along a sphere_sweep Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:52:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pigment along a sphere_sweep
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 24 Feb 2007 06:19:03
Message: <45e01f27@news.povray.org>
Mark Birch wrote:
> I wrote a macro to generate a mesh2 object based on a spline path.
> It doesn't allow for varying radius along the sweep, and the ends aren't
> capped so it's just a hollow tube (no CSG).  It was written specifically
> for doing texture-mapped hoses, so the UV mapping is worked out.  I'll post
> it in binaries later.

Thanks, I'll see if it solves my problem. But as I'm having lots of
those tubes (around 1000) which are all pretty curvy I'm afraid I might
run into memory problems. We'll see :)

> Another simple method is to build the object with spheres & cylinders, and
> apply the pigment individually to each object.

That's what I'm doing right now, but you need an awful lot of cylinders
to make it look right. And the sweep thingy would be more elgant, too ;)

Regards,
Florian