POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : 2 Opal rings : Re: 2 Opal rings Server Time
30 Jun 2024 04:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2 Opal rings
From: St
Date: 23 Feb 2007 11:08:28
Message: <45df117c@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote in message

> Steve, what are you doing here? The base is stationary, the plinth is
> rotating clockwise and the world is rotating counter clockwise. Argg! The
> mushrooms are sprouting early this year :-)

     LOL! Well, I'm in the right location for them, but I don't drink tea!
8-)

> As for the lights. I think that it's the camera position. Try pulling the
> camera back quite a bit and narrowing the field of view.

     Ok, I'll give that a try, and actually, that would be about the same
camera position and distance that I would want for my next animation, which
is going to be a merry-go-round or carousel. I'll use copies of  the Poser
horse and doctor them up to look like proper carousel horses, but because I
want it (the carousel and horses) to spin authentically, how would I make a
horse do the up and down thing as it rotates?

    (Anyone?)

    ~Steve~