POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Need help on final gathering : Re: Need help on final gathering Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:02:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help on final gathering
From: Alain
Date: 13 Feb 2007 20:16:17
Message: <45d262e1$1@news.povray.org>
McHannemann nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 13-02-2007 14:25:
> Hi everyone,

> I want to achieve the following, I want to render a GI solution with final
> gathering for a scene, but what I want to do to improve the FG solution is
> to:

> I want to move the camera on a circle at a certain height around and gather
> the FG for each camera position.

> How do I achieve this best?

> Regards,

> Thor

Have NO idea what you mean by "GI solution" nor "FG solution", but...

For the camera part:
In an animation, rotate the camera acording to the clock variable around the y
axis (+y is UP in POV-Ray).
camera{Camera_Deffinition rotate y*clock*360}

If you want to gather radiosity data for the whole thing, save the radiosity
data on each frame using a custom name and reload that starting on frame 2. The
data from each frame will get added to that from the previous ones.

--
Alain
'No, `Eureka' is Greek for `This bath is too hot.'' -- Dr. Who