POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rotations : Re: rotations Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rotations
From: Warp
Date: 13 Feb 2007 15:03:21
Message: <45d21989@news.povray.org>
virgiliu <vir### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> how do I define a set of points by their coordinates and then apply some
> transformations (e.g. rotations, translations, etc ) and then use this
> points again with their new coordinates?

  You can put the points in an array, apply vrotation(), addition (which
is equivalent to translation) and multiplication (equivalent to scaling)
to them in a loop and then use the points.
  (If you can't figure out how to do something specific related to this
from the documentation, ask for an example.)

--
                                                          - Warp