POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What's your favorite aspect ratio (& for what purpose)? : Re: What's your favorite aspect ratio (& for what purpose)? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What's your favorite aspect ratio (& for what purpose)?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Feb 2007 07:31:58
Message: <45cc69be$1@news.povray.org>
It highly depends on the type of scene, but I favour 1/1, 4/3, and 16/9
(both in landscape and portrait mode). In a few cases, I tend towards
extremely flat (or narrow) ratios. I never consider their usage for screen
monitors or any standardization. The ratio is always a purely subjective
choice. Until now, I didn't consider the golden ratio, but I might.

Thomas