POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 7 Feb 2007 21:23:38
Message: <45ca89aa$1@news.povray.org>
> I'm using no lights in my scene, all light comes from HDRI lighting. When
> do place some lights, the second sphere does show its color, but still too
> dark.

Do you have a radiosity block?
With radiosity ambient 0 means an object doesn't emit light,
do you have other objects with higher abmbient as a light source,
with an HDRI image map?
Background and sky_sphere are an infinite distance so you'd
be better off using a large inverted sphere to provide a light.

> BTW, increasing max_trace_level doesn't help. The code for both objects is
> stated below.

max_trace_level 5 should be fine for this.